Friday, February 25, 2011

Long Live February

This month has been an incredible wirlwind. It being so, has led me to lose track of time and my responsibilities. I'm sorry.   So, lets start from where we left off!

Around the first week of February I had my 'Practical Interview' at Palomino Ballroom.

My Menu:

Chopped Salad w/ Green Goddess Dressing
Soft Dinner Rolls

Chicken Marsala
Fried Polenta
Glazed Baby Carrots

Warm Chocolate Melting Cake w/ Vanilla Ice Cream

Well, needless to say; it was a HIT! They loved everything about it and me and I...
Got the Job!!

So, I gave 1 1/2 weeks notice to my boss at the University and I was off to start my new adventure.
My new job title?--

Kitchen Manager/Head Chef and Pastry Chef!
Fantastic! Can life get any better than this?

So, after my last day of work it was time to celebrate my 23rd birthday!
We went out with Brad's parents and sister to McAllister's Deli--Delish! I highly recommend it!
Then on Friday night Ashley took me out to Dinner at 5guys and a burger--again, Delish!! And we went and saw the new movie 'Just Go With It'
**Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler have incredible chemistry and by the end of the movie I truely wanted them to be together forever!!
After that, we took a fun trip to BroadRipple!
I was extremely surprised by how old I felt! BRipple is filled with a TON of college kids getting wasted and by 2am we had had enough of the 'scene' and after only 2 drinks each we decided to call it a night.

So ,I started my new job- I have a desk,email,voicemail..etc.. I feel like I finally have a "Big Girl Job"!!

I haven't baked a lot recently..I've made a few chocolate chip cookies here and there, and finished my February Daring baker's challange.

My next great baking challange this month is Brianna's 23rd Birthday on the 27th.
She has requested an Ice Cream Cake but not a plain-old-same-old..
So I have come up with a Banana Split Cake!

banana cake, strawberry ice cream, fudge filling with chopped peanuts,vanilla ice cream and another banana cake layer. 

That party is in 2 days and I will post pictures of that soon after :) It should be delicious!!




No comments:

Post a Comment