Saturday, January 8, 2011

My Boy's Birthday!

It has been a LONG time since I have posted. Seems like the Holidays throws me off my game every year. 
Christmas time was CRAZY.   We went to 6 christmas's and a new years eve party. A lot of Baking happend on my part..

I made my first ever Pineapple Upside Down Cake- which turned out pretty great for my first time!
I made Cream Puffs (first time since culinary school). It took me 2 times. My first recipe was a flop. But once I found a great recipe, they turned out fantastic!! With a Bavarian Cream filling! Yummm.
I also found a great recipe for a light lemon cheesecake fluff dessert. It was so low in calories but so delicious! Even my father-in-law didn't notice!!


Just last night I threw a birthday party for my hubby! We had about 12 people at our house with some snacky foods.  He wanted a Chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling and iced in a chocolate buttercream.  It turned out really great! But incredibly sweet-. I couldn't finish my piece but everyone at it all! And my Hubby loved it- which is all that matters on his birthday!

I am officially a part of the Daring Kitchen- Daring Bakers!! Super excited! This month should be great and I am so ready to bake! Now, if I could just find the time!  ;)

Well! On to my 2nd job! Have to pay the bills!

No comments:

Post a Comment