Monday, December 20, 2010

First day of Winter Break!

So.. I'm new to blogging.. but recently i've been reading everyone else's blogs across the world and decided I should take a shot at it.

Today marked the beggining of Winter Break from work so I am officially off work for 2 weeks! Which means baking, cooking,baking,cleaning,baking,sleeping, and baking!

Last night I made some delicious Chocolate Chip Cookies--I cannot begin to tell you how long I have been searching for the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe and I believe I have FINALLY found one!  *I know that everyone loves different types of chocolate chip cookies, so this might be my perfect cookie, but not everyone else's favorite*


Chocolate Chip Cookies::
Makes about 3 dozen

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed light-brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups (about 12 ounces) semisweet and/or milk chocolate chips
Directions
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour
 and baking soda; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted
with the paddle attachment, combine the butter with both sugars;
 beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low;
add the salt, vanilla, and eggs. Beat until well mixed, about 1 minute.
 Add flour mixture; mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
2.Drop heaping tablespoon-size balls of dough about 2 inches apart on
 baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
3.Bake until cookies are golden around the edges, but still soft in the
 center, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool on baking sheet
1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool completely. .


Also this weekend, we celebrated my mother-in-law's birthday- and of course- I made the cake. I was so excited to make this specific cake i've been dying to make, and it was a hit!!


AMAZING! Everyone loved it! How much fun when they cut into the cake!  It was a lot of work, but totally worth it in the end!

The rest of this week is a lot more baking getting ready for all of the Christmas' we have to go to!

No comments:

Post a Comment